[development] OT: Drupal user and contributor 'alaa' has been arrested

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Fri May 12 21:49:41 UTC 2006

On May 12, 2006, at 2:42 PM, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> I would love Dries, Robin, or even Kieran speaking up in this matter.
>
> After all: A respected member of our contributors team has spoken
> up, has
> proved his Drupal spirit, and was arrested for it.
>
> When was it that Drupal ducked for people speaking ou their minds?
> I cannot
> recall a single incidence!

Well I posted to the CivicSpace list immediately after I saw it.  So
I say open source is about freedom and he was protesting for freedom
and backing it up with code submissions to our community.

It's front page worthy in my opinion.  I just wish i could find the
paypal link to support as it would probably drive some badly needed
funds his way.

Kieran