[development] Freezing the Drupal API

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue May 16 02:27:43 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 16 mei 2006 03:01, schreef Greg Knaddison - GVS:
> Bèr often talks about his Sympal fork.

It is not meant to be a fork, nor do I recall ever calling the two words in
one sentence :)

My aim is still to provide a distro, build alongsite and with Drupal. But with
a different focus. With modules that are selected for their useability and
developers-friendlyness. And with core tools for unit-tests, agile
development and rapid protoyping (and probably a load of other
buzzwords :) ).

But a fork? No. I am even working on/with the railfrog team to build some
completely different CMS from ground up because getting Drupal to serve these
needs I have would indeed require a fork. But a fork with a lot of work ;).
And maintaining such a fork is not what I would call fun. Its double the
work, youll have to develop in two systems if your such a maintainer.

So hereby: officcially and signed in blood (haha) no: I am not working on a
fork. Sympal is (going to be) just a distro. A different toolset.

Bèr