[development] when we run out of characters

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Wed May 17 15:41:16 UTC 2006

Jeremy Epstein wrote:

>> That may be a joke, but it isn't actually that horrible of an idea. I
>> realize
>> people'd never go for it but it *does* solve the namespace issue nicely.
>
> Last year, I was crazy enough (and coerced enough) to write an OO fork
> of Drupal. You can look at the code, and read my conclusions about
> this experiment, if you want:
>
> http://drupal.org/node/37939

I don't know about making all of Drupal OO, but it seems straight-forward and
simple to make all the hook calls be method calls, and each module be a class.
  That solves our namespace problem once and for all, and really makes very
little structural change to Drupal.

I may just look into it.

..chrisxj