[development] when we run out of characters

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Wed May 17 23:03:34 UTC 2006

On May 17, 2006, at 3:15 PM, Nedjo Rogers wrote:

> We only see the modulename now at e.g. admin/modules because we
> lack methods for setting titles and rely on filenames. When, with a
> new install system, we get metadata files, I expect this issue
> largely will disappear.

very true.  however, it'd still be ugly and hard to read in the code,
and i don't mind us optimizing for the developers, too (see dries's
comments about making/keeping drupal easy to develop for).

also, if we had a better admin interface, then we could just leave it
called "date.module" and let something else worry about grouping it
with all the other field-type modules. ;)  however, we don't have
this new installer/admin interface yet.  however, we do have the
potential namespace conflict already (and the problem of CCK modules
not being grouped in any sane way).

again, not exactly "relevant to core", but this list isn't *just*
about core, either. ;)

-derek