[development] Paging module & Clean URL's

Dominic Ryan brashquido at brashquido.org
Tue May 23 08:15:56 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I am wanting to use the story module to publish articles, but I also am
looking for the ability to paginate these articles. I was loking at the
paging module, but the resulting URL structure is rather messy, and as
clean URL's are one of the major Drupal drawcards for myself I'd really
much rather not have this. I raised a feature request but was told there
was nothing that could be done while using the in-built Drupal pager.
Details can be seen here;

http://drupal.org/node/59362

Assuming this is correct then I would be interested at looking into
sponsoring a custom paging module to fill my requirements. I was
wondering if I could ask the dev community about the best ways to
approach this. In a nutshell this is what I will be wanting to be able
to do;

- Clean URL's for each page in format of;

http://mydomain.com/articles/multi_page_article/page_1

- Compatibility with other modules (embedded links module from the links
package for example)

Any advice appreciated
--
Dominic Ryan