[development] Microsoft SQL Server

AjK drupal at f2s.com
Tue May 23 15:16:26 UTC 2006

> I'm interested in resuming support for MS SQL Server.

I was recently "knocked back" from submitting a module
because it had a connection with a "commercial product"

The reason given was that a recent decision was
made that Drupal stuff wouldn't concern itself with
commercial software.

Having said that, in another recent email it was noted
that this policy needs to be reviewed again.

My module is just a kind of simple "stats for your website" product.

Wouldn't bolting on MS-SQL represent a much larger association
with a commercial product?

I'm not bothered by the exclusion of my module one bit btw, just
thought that if there's a time and a place for a policy review then
bolting MS-SQL is a good kick off point as MS-SQL is about as
commercial a product you're likely to see ;)

best regards
AjK