[development] Microsoft SQL Server

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Tue May 23 15:25:12 UTC 2006

AjK

Can't talk about specifics in your case, since I do not know which
product you were trying to write a module for.

Also the "had a connection" bit is vague. What is "a connection"?
Does it use non-GPL code?

However, there are a few points that need to be clarified:

- All code that goes in the repository (core and contrib) has to be GPL.
This is to avoid license issues in the future for everyone.

- Core cannot be dependant on a commerical product.

Apart from that, you can basically support anything you want in
contrib. An example is adsense, which is a commercial service
(not a product per se) but has a module written for it. There are
other cases.

Regarding MS-SQL, not sure if that should be core or contrib. I guess
depends on how actively it is developed and maintained can determine