[development] Microsoft SQL Server

Earnest Berry earnest.berry at gmail.com
Tue May 23 15:27:44 UTC 2006

AjK,

Yes, I believe that has to do with the GPL license that Drupal currently
uses. "Interpretations" vary, but for the most part it comes down to
anything that touches Drupal directly, the source must free and the
"product" must be free, however the "service" is billable (man I love
lawyers). So, with regards to MS-SQL, database.inc sits in the middle and is
freely available and open, yet MS-SQL is in indirect contact with Drupal, so
the license will still hold water. With regards to your module, it is in
direct contact with Drupal; you would have to make your module a "driver" to
your "proprietary" code to hold true to GPL.

This is how I understand it though. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hmm...upon rereading your message, seems your module was just a driver to a
3rd party commercial product. Do you have a link to the thread about your
module?

- Souvent