[development] SoC: Multi-site administration through rich XUL client

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Wed May 24 13:00:18 UTC 2006

Robert Douglass wrote:
> you had an excellent application and we sure wish that we could have
> accepted it as well. Believe me that the decision was tough. There might
> be some other entities besides Google who are willing to sponsor work on
> this... it might be worthwhile for you to shop around a bit and see.

Thank you :) I'm alredy preparing my CV.

Just one question, how would me working on the client (and module) work,
alongside Lê Xuân Hùng who was accepted for the project under SoC? I was
told that  with Drupal more than one student may work on a SoC project,
but on the Google Summer of Code Mentor FAQ it states that students can
not collaborate on a project.

What role could I take outside of SoC? I get the impression that the
student is not really allowed input on their project from the community
in terms of code, the project has to be clearly defined and all their
own work. How could I usefully contribute without interfering with his
project?

Thanks

Ben

--