[development] SoC: Multi-site administration through rich XUL client

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed May 24 14:31:34 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, Ben Francis <lists at hippygeek.co.uk> wrote:

> Robert Douglass wrote:
> > you had an excellent application and we sure wish that we could have
> > accepted it as well. Believe me that the decision was tough. There might
> > be some other entities besides Google who are willing to sponsor work on
> > this... it might be worthwhile for you to shop around a bit and see.
>
> Thank you :) I'm alredy preparing my CV.
>
> Just one question, how would me working on the client (and module) work,
> alongside Lê Xuân Hùng who was accepted for the project under SoC? I was
> told that  with Drupal more than one student may work on a SoC project,
> but on the Google Summer of Code Mentor FAQ it states that students can
> not collaborate on a project.
>
> What role could I take outside of SoC? I get the impression that the
> student is not really allowed input on their project from the community
> in terms of code, the project has to be clearly defined and all their
> own work. How could I usefully contribute without interfering with his
> project?

It's a good question...hopefully we can get some clarification from Robert
Douglass here.

I'm going to contact some people I know at ActiveState -- who do nothing but
XUL work -- and see if they might want to sponsor you to do some XUL work,
whether related to Drupal or note.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747