[development] Notes From Worldwide Developer Conference

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu May 25 21:50:50 UTC 2006

On 25-May-06, at 2:04 PM, Bèr Kessels wrote:

> Op donderdag 25 mei 2006 22:26, schreef Karoly Negyesi:
>> Go and post into Skype forum that on Linux they should use ALSA
>> drivers.
>> They already got a few (hundred) such posts but they can't get enough
>> bashing for using OSS drivers. That's like creating a website with
>> Drupal
>> 3.0. It was good back then but not now.
>
> Here is a mail I sent to some other ML a while ago about the exact
> same
> matter:
> Or wire some funds to the KDE/Gnome folks for SIP/asterisk/etc funds.

<snip> <snip>

The Gizmo project is SIP and now works with any SIP system, not just
Gizmo itself.

Jingle libraries are adding voice capabilities to various Jabber
clients.

Skype works today, but we have several up and coming replacements.

I believe some folks at CivicSpace have occasional access (?) to an
Asterisk box. I think we can probably fund an Asterisk box for
testing out of Germany, I bet we can get one put in at OSL, and we
can probably get another in at a San Fran.

The Enterprise group on groups.drupal.org (http://groups.drupal.org/
enterprise) might be a good place to organize around this.

-- Boris