[development] Here is how you can get 4.5 security patches

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sat May 27 19:07:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am shocked by the demands to support 4.5. Do not forget that you are not
paying Drupal developers to do anything. You are not my boss. Nor anyone
else's. On what base do you demand? On the amount of contribution you made
to Drupal over time? I have yet to see any such contributor (note: I said
contributor, not coder.) who demands this.

Therefore, the solution is very simple: if you are running 4.5 and do not
want to update, find others in the same situation and hire an able coder
who will provide the security patches for you. We will consider adding
said person to the security team and some guidance will be providded, but
please do not expect too much from our side.

Case closed.

Kind regards,

Karoly Negyesi

Ps. While I sometimes work for money, do not consider me. The less 4.5
code I need to touch, the better for me. Money won't change this.