[development] Drupal 4.5 unsupported

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sun May 28 16:50:50 UTC 2006

On 5/28/06, Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:
> Khalid B wrote:
> > On 5/28/06, Khalid B <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> >> Dries
> >>
> >> I am a bit confused.
> >>
> >> A while back we did a reorganization of  the download area and
> >> removed all links to old releases, leaving only 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 and
> >> HEAD.
> >>
> >> Everything else was effectively retired by removing  4.4 and older
> >> from the drop down menus for issues, projects, ..etc.
> >>
> >> That was before 4.7 was out.
>
> I am not sure when this was.

Was before May 1, 2006 for sure, although by a long time.

Contrib had the DRUPAL-4-7 tag at that time, and some modules
were available, but drupal 4.7 itself was not out.

> The old tarballs starting with 4.0.0 are
> actually still available for download if you know the url. They have
> been removed from project/files and thus project.modules does not pick
> them up anymore. Where earlier releases are stored I don't know.

So, are we going to extend that to the current situation?
i.e. we only have  4.6, 4.7, and CVS (HEAD) listed in the project
and leave the tarballs where they are, but less chance of getting
them from a current linking page?

> What we did shortly after the 4.7 release was to move the old betas and
> rcs outside of project/files.

Yes,  but we did something else a while back for pre-4.5 releases
in project and issues.