[development] Drupal 4.5 unsupported

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Sun May 28 16:34:55 UTC 2006

Khalid B wrote:
> On 5/28/06, Khalid B <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
>> Dries
>>
>> I am a bit confused.
>>
>> A while back we did a reorganization of  the download area and
>> removed all links to old releases, leaving only 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 and
>> HEAD.
>>
>> Everything else was effectively retired by removing  4.4 and older
>> from the drop down menus for issues, projects, ..etc.
>>
>> That was before 4.7 was out.

I am not sure when this was. The old tarballs starting with 4.0.0 are
actually still available for download if you know the url. They have
been removed from project/files and thus project.modules does not pick
them up anymore. Where earlier releases are stored I don't know. A page
from the internet archive shows that 3.0 wasn't available for download
anymore in 2003.

http://web.archive.org/web/20031011080644/http://drupal.org/project/drupal

It is possible they never made the transition to the new hardware. I've
never seen the mythical Drupal 1.0 tarball myself.

What we did shortly after the 4.7 release was to move the old betas and
rcs outside of project/files.

Cheers,
    Gerhard