[development] Drupal 4.5 unsupported

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sun May 28 16:17:54 UTC 2006

On 5/28/06, Khalid B <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> Dries
>
> I am a bit confused.
>
> A while back we did a reorganization of  the download area and
> removed all links to old releases, leaving only 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 and
> HEAD.
>
> Everything else was effectively retired by removing  4.4 and older
> from the drop down menus for issues, projects, ..etc.
>
> That was before 4.7 was out.
>
> Now that 4.7 is out, it is only normal to shift everything by one
> release, so 4.5 gets dropped from the lists.
>
> So, in conformance with what we did, the list here
> http://drupal.org/node/3060/release
> will show  only CVS, 4.7.x and 4.6.x only, vs. 4.5.x only.
>
> If your objection is "old tarballs should not get deleted", and that by
> de-listing them, we effectively retire them, then I am fine by that.
>
> But, if you are saying that we have no policy of "retiring" old versions,
> then that goes against of what was done with everyone's involvement
> in the past.

[Hit send too soon.]

If we want to modify the policy and say we need to keep 3 previous
releases + HEAD, instead of  2 previous + HEAD, then that is fine
as well, as long as it is stated to be so.

A stated policy on (a) what is kept and (b) what is maintained (security
fixes), will avoid confusion.

Regards