[development] Drupal 4.5 unsupported

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sun May 28 16:11:05 UTC 2006

Dries

I am a bit confused.

A while back we did a reorganization of  the download area and
removed all links to old releases, leaving only 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 and
HEAD.

Everything else was effectively retired by removing  4.4 and older
from the drop down menus for issues, projects, ..etc.

That was before 4.7 was out.

Now that 4.7 is out, it is only normal to shift everything by one
release, so 4.5 gets dropped from the lists.

So, in conformance with what we did, the list here
http://drupal.org/node/3060/release
will show  only CVS, 4.7.x and 4.6.x only, vs. 4.5.x only.

If your objection is "old tarballs should not get deleted", and that by
de-listing them, we effectively retire them, then I am fine by that.

But, if you are saying that we have no policy of "retiring" old versions,
then that goes against of what was done with everyone's involvement
in the past.