[development] CCK per field CRUD settings, caching complexity

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Mon May 29 10:32:27 UTC 2006

On 29 May 2006, at 12:15 PM, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> Sounds like a plan. But this defeats the whole point of
> caching..... But I
> will certainly investigate this route.
How? We cache to avoid complex joins and queries.

> Another concept Ive been looking at is caching per chunk. So not
> caching a
> complete node, but only caching the parts of the node and then
> compile them
> on load. There could be a possibility to cache that compiled
> version too.

Many queries. versus a single query.

A single for loop which just blanks out the fields you don't have the
right to access, and a simple
form_alter to hide just the fields you aren't allowed to see.

versus

an entire system to select only those fields, and caching alternate
versions of the node based
on arbitrary parameters (roles is just one way to split it, a prime
example is social networking, where
people in your friends list have more view access to your profile).

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy