[development] CCK per field CRUD settings, caching complexity

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Mon May 29 10:57:29 UTC 2006

Adrian Rossouw wrote:
> On 29 May 2006, at 12:15 PM, Bèr Kessels wrote:
>> Sounds like a plan. But this defeats the whole point of caching.....
>> But I
>> will certainly investigate this route.
> How? We cache to avoid complex joins and queries.
>
>> Another concept Ive been looking at is caching per chunk. So not
>> caching a
>> complete node, but only caching the parts of the node and then
>> compile them
>> on load. There could be a possibility to cache that compiled version
>> too.
>
> Many queries. versus a single query.
>
> A single for loop which just blanks out the fields you don't have the
> right to access,

That means you will have to include the "who may see what" info in the
cached data, is that your intention?

Also, when I first proposed caching of the node object, there were
arguments that you would lose the possibility to individualize the node
like for example the poll module does. The same would apply here.

My proposed solution was  to move individualization to the _view hook,
but was not well received.

Cheers,
    Gerhard