[infrastructure] Re: [development] Drupal 4.5 unsupported

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Tue May 30 13:59:06 UTC 2006

On 5/30/06, blogdiva at culturekitchen.com <blogdiva at culturekitchen.com> wrote:
> That's an awesome question. I'd like to hear from developers and the
> people in the marketing team. The question is at the core of what I
> feel Drupal is overlooking at the moment --code freezes.

Code freezes do happen. Once we have a release, its API does not change
(may be a tiny bit occasionally, but not normally).

What we do not freeze is APIs between releases. How can we move forward
from 4.7 to 6.6 with the API remaining the same? Where would the new
stuff go? Are you advocating we keep APIs forever?

Read my comment here on where the energy should be focussed (migration tools,
transitional releases, and compatibility layers).

http://baheyeldin.com/node/617