[development] Drupal 5 release schedule: update

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Wed Nov 1 12:32:23 UTC 2006

Hello world,

it has been exactly two months since the start of the Drupal code

As the development cycle was only 3 months, a 2 month code freeze
should have given you plenty of time to upgrade some of your themes
and modules.  If you haven't upgraded your modules/themes yet, I
wouldn't wait too long.

While I want at least 2-4 weeks of public beta testing, there are
only 3 critical bugs at this point in time.

Chances are that we'll need fewer betas/RCs than we had for Drupal 4.7.

Also, now we're in beta mode, we're going to be a lot more strict
with regard to usability patches.  Small usability patches and
documentation improvements can still go in, but larger usability
patches are likely to be postponed until Drupal 6.0.