[development] Database Administrator

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Thu Nov 16 15:23:13 UTC 2006

On Nov 16, 2006, at 6:55 AM, Omar Abdel-Wahab wrote:

> Hi all specially Dries and chx,
> I have written dbbackup module and added it to CVS then I got a
> ticket proposing the idea of adding the whole module as a
> functionality to Database Administrator.
> Before I add my module I searched in all 4.7 module for something
> similar and contacted the backup module owner to join forces but he
> ignored me thus I started a module.
> Now that I have checked Database Administration module I would like
> to take over that module to:
> 1. Upgrade it to 4.7.
> 2. Add Database Backup functionality.
> 3. Upgrade it to 5.0.

Jeremy is traveling to Alaska, so give him a few more days.

The DBA module already has a database back-up feature built into
4.6.   It well designed to handle multi-gig database exports and
doesn't time out with PHP.  This was funded by CivicSpace.  Have you
evaluated you this functionality yet?

I doubt he would mind if you tested and confirm the patch to deal
with the forms API upgrade.