[development] Drupal 5 installation language files

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sat Nov 18 20:11:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, [ISO-8859-1] Konstantin Käfer wrote:
> Am 18.11.2006 um 18:45 schrieb Gabor Hojtsy:
>> You mean exec()-ing gunzip?
>
> No, http://php.net/manual/en/ref.zlib.php

Ah, ok. Quoting from that page: "Zlib support in PHP is not enabled by
default. You will need to configure PHP --with-zlib[=DIR]". This basically
rules this out, since seamless zip handling is not possible with out of
the box PHP.

>> There should be an option to not replace the folder (unfortunately I have
>> no day-to-day experience with macs).
>
> I'd be glad if you'd share the trick (without using Terminal).

If only I would know. Unless someone throws a Mac my way, you need to
turn to someone else (who actually has a Mac :).

Gabor