[development] Log In Bug

blogdiva at culturekitchen.com blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Sun Nov 19 21:00:00 UTC 2006

Hi gang,

Has the log in bug reported by Jasonwhat been looked at in updates of
4.7?

Some Users Can't Login in IE
http://drupal.org/node/83822

This may have been the weirdest bug to date: Basically some versions
of IE6 won't allow you to login to a Drupal site. It seems by the
comments that IE7 may have an issue as well.

How did I solve this? Well, as hinted in comment http://drupal.org/
node/83822#comment-168204 if you login through SITENAME.COM instead
of WWW.SITENAME.COM, then you don't have a problem.

So, in thinking about this, I went to settings.php. I had set the
base_url as www.culturekitchen.com. I changed it to
culturekitchen.com and, voila! The problem was solved.

I'd like comments on this --have I done this correctly or is this
solution coming back to bite me in the arse ;)

Thanks for the heads up,
Liza Sabater, Publisher
www.culturekitchen.com
www.dailygotham.com