[development] RFC: Creating a Subscriptions API

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Wed Nov 22 06:05:01 UTC 2006

> Just to throw another monkey into the works, the views scheduler
> module should be capable of notifications as well, when set up properly.
Oh, nice. So, a majority of content subscriptions could be done this
way: using Views Scheduler, along with Actions, Schedule (haven't
checked this out yet), Views to create subscriptions of content.

Then, we'd want another module to allow single subscriptions to single
nodes, like for project issues so we could have a "(un)subscribe to this
%type" link for nodes.

Then, another module to subscribe to new user registrations (think there
is an existing module that does this), etc.

So I suppose Actions (maybe Schedule too) would play a big role in a
SubscribeAPI module.

Rob Roy Barreca
Founder and COO
Electronic Insight Corporation