[development] tagadelic 'backport' for 4.7

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Tue Oct 3 17:44:10 UTC 2006

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am receiving the first patches to make tagadelic ready for 5. However, till
> today, I managed to keep tagadelic HEAD running very fine on 4.7. It got
> loads of nice features, improved code, and revised, more modular APIs.
> branch 4.7 tagadelic, and HEAD tagadelic are not compatible, so if I simply
> overwrite the 4.7 branch with tagadelic HEAD I will break a lot of people's
> sites.

the usual way to manage this in 4.7 and beyond is with hook_update()
functions in your .install file. sometimes updates need some explaining,
which i do in the commit message and in the readme file. you could also
conceivably do a form_alter() on the update page in order to communicate
stuff or gather settings.