[development] tagadelic 'backport' for 4.7

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Tue Oct 3 17:50:28 UTC 2006

On 10/3/06, Bèr Kessels <ber at webschuur.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am receiving the first patches to make tagadelic ready for 5. However, till
> today, I managed to keep tagadelic HEAD running very fine on 4.7. It got
> loads of nice features, improved code, and revised, more modular APIs.
> branch 4.7 tagadelic, and HEAD tagadelic are not compatible, so if I simply
> overwrite the 4.7 branch with tagadelic HEAD I will break a lot of people's
> sites.
>
> Hence I want to roll out a 4.7-2 soon, and then focus on 5.0.
>
> Questions:
>  * Drupal does not allow me to create separate 4.7. Should i therefore use my
> own SVN to distribute that new version?

I haven't understood why you wouldn't just, essentially, release a new
4.7 version with more features. Are there schema changes?

>  * Does anyone (bryght, Civicspace, etc) have an infrastructure in lpace to
> distribute backported modules and features, which is could use instead of
> roling my own (see above).

As Kieran suggested, your sandbox would work. Ping Richard at
support at bryght.com if anyone wants an account on our public SVN repo
for anything Drupal related -- http://svn.bryght.com/dev/browser

Backporting is an interesting issue. We'll likely be maintaining a
couple of things in that repo in public -- e.g. jQuery for 4.7.

>   * What is the status of allowing 4.7.2 branches for modules? Should I rather
> wait for that?

/me waves at DWW

--
Boris Mann