[development] Any way to get a poll? Drupal 5.0 Default theme.

inkfree press inkfree at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 13:45:52 UTC 2006

"Walt Daniels" wrote:

> I am in  the "I don't care what the default theme is" camp. I am not going to
> use the default theme unmodified for any site

Hoozah!  Yes, agreed.  Default schmefault.

All this seeming competitiveness should be directed to making _many_ themes
for Drupal 5.0 that are "pre-installed as default options."

And, even in that case, any commercial or multi-site-making Drupal developer
will build on, or recreate, any template to meet their own branding,
marketing, communication and content needs.

There is only a "default" theme for about 2 seconds in my own installation
of Drupal sites.  I instantly change every site [16 and counting] to our
version of Chameleon anyway, just to provide a wireframe for beginning.

Any argument over "oh, use my default" is only for bragging rights and not
for any other purpose actually related to design or site building.

The work is impressive and should be included in a bundle of pre-installed
(default installed) templates.

--
inkfree