[development] Themes - Trying to do too much in one theme?

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Wed Oct 4 16:02:32 UTC 2006

On 04 Oct 2006, at 5:31 PM, Michelle Cox wrote:

> 1) The out-of-the-boxer. This user just wants to set up a site and
> use the theme that's there. Maybe change the colours, but that's
> it. For this user, a very pretty eye-candy theme is great.
> Everything should be styled and it should just work with all browsers.

way ahead of you. I am in the process of developing a contrib module
built exactly for this.

The Istyledthis theme was built from the ground up to use this module :

Before picking a new colour :
http://www.oasismag.com/farb-1.jpg

New colour picked, before submission, check preview :
http://www.oasismag.com/farb-2.jpg

After hitting change colour :
http://www.oasismag.com/farb-3.jpg

Colour schemes already mathematically generated for use in stylesheet
templates :
http://www.oasismag.com/farb-4.jpg

Working on making it a more generic api that other themes can
support, but it really does help
a LOT that the theme was built for this.