[development] 4.7 maintenance: Change in policy

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Thu Oct 5 15:00:04 UTC 2006

Hi there,

up to fairly recently I have reviewed all patches that were applied to
HEAD if they might be needed for 4.7 too. Due to the large number of
patches being committed to HEAD that are mostly HEAD specific I won't do
this anymore.

If you supplied a patch that was applied to HEAD and you think it should
be committed to 4.7 as well, please recategorize the patch as "ready to
be committed" for the 4.7 version after it was committed to HEAD.

If you submit a patch for a bug found in 4.7 and HEAD, please file it
against CVS instead of 4.7. This will ensure it gets more attention.

Finally, there are a number of pending patches, it would be nice if
people could review/ work on them:

http://drupal.org/project/issues?projects=3060&states=8,13,14&versions=10696,12050,11551,11252

Cheers,
	Gerhard