[development] Aggregator to nodes

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Oct 5 15:31:45 UTC 2006

On 10/5/06, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:

> > Please see https://svn.bryght.com/dev/wiki/DrupalFeedParsing for a
> > summary.
>
> How remarkably timely!  I've been looking for something along these lines
> myself lately.  Your findings re aggregator and aggregator2 pretty much
> match my own, althogh I'd not heard of Feedparser or Feed_node.  I was
> also looking into publish/subscribe, but found it buggy.  (Automatic push
> didn't work, and apparently hasn't for months.)

Pub/Sub "worksforme" and is the best answer to your stated problem,
since it maintains the full structure of Drupal.

> What we need to do, essentially, is selectively expose subsets of event
> nodes on site A to sites B, C, and D.  On B, C, and D, the admins need to
> be able to set the sticky flag on stories independently of the main site,
> so that each site gets its own set of "featured" stories.

You need the full content of the event to come across. Otherwise you
will be writing an event namespace in RSS, then re-parsing it and
turning it back into an event node. Pub/Sub.

> Would either feedparser or feed_node be capable of that, and are either
> stable enough for production use for that use case?  If not, is one or the
> other close enough that we (my company) could help (code or money) getting
> it to that point?

Pub/Sub. Bug JohnVanDyk. Money works, code would be much appreciated as well.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747