[development] Why Drupal 5.x must have built-in WYSIWYG Editor?

Peter Wolanin pwolanin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 14:28:05 UTC 2006

Do a search in the forums on this topic, and you'll see that the idea
of having a rich text editor in coer has already been discussed many
times.

There was a discussion here: http://drupal.org/node/81297
of how to standardize a CSS tag to tell editors not to act in a
certain text areas.  I think this would be a simple but very useful
advance.

This requires, of course, the cooperation  of the mainters of TinyMCE,
 HTMLArea, FCKEditor etc.

TinyMCE can be disabled more precisely via a theme function, see :
http://drupal.org/node/72940
http://drupal.org/node/68660
though obviously this isn't standardized across editors

-Peter