[development] Why Drupal 5.x must have built-in WYSIWYG Editor?

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Fri Oct 6 14:54:33 UTC 2006

On 06 Oct 2006, at 3:05 PM, Michelle Cox wrote:

> While I don't agree that Drupal needs a WYSIWYG built in, I do like
> this idea. If I'm understanding right, it's basically a hook to
> call whatever editor the user has installed or a plain text area if
> none. From my non-dev perspective, that sounds like a useful thing.
> Would be especially nice if there was a way to make it so that, for
> example, my users get BBCode and I get QuickTags. And that they
> only show up when editing the main text of a node.
for the longest time i've advocated that the tinymce module etc just
extend the form
and add a '#wysiwyg' => true property, to whatever field they want.

this means anyone else can also go and add that property to any form
they feel like.

if the element is set , and the module is not available, it is just
ignored.