[development] Controlling whether WYSIWYG editors are viewed - Forms feature request.

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Fri Oct 6 15:47:05 UTC 2006

>There was a thread in the issue queue recently about adding a flag to
textareas that the >module author could apply or not, which RTEs
(TinyMCE, FCKeditor, etc.) could then hook >onto to decide where they
should or should not be used.

This got me thinking that most of the time the problem with the WYSIWG
editor being displayed all the time was that a lot of the time it screws
up data that wasn't supposed to be HTML to start with.

I've posted an alernative solution here that I've detailed in the
following issue:

http://drupal.org/node/87806

Basically it's to standardize how we tell the forms api and therefor
contrib modules, what kind of data is supposed to be in the text area.
Works for Rich Text editors, Color pickers, CSS editors, etc.