[development] a bikeshed color problem

Augustin (Beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Mon Oct 9 08:44:47 UTC 2006

On Sunday 24 September 2006 05:11 am, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> So before we can use such a ring/flock/group/p2p upgrade system, we need to
> find a way to sort out trust. Options I see right now are GPG/PGP keyrings,
> Ebay-alike trust ratings, or ability to define the people whom can access
> your datamine.

Hi Bèr,

Thank you for replying to my suggestion, about cooperating to fight spam
better.

You suggest that a few trusted site owners cooperate together, in a small
group, to exchange information as a starter for all the bayesian tokens.

This is interesting, but I was thinking about something on a much larger
scale, which is perharps beyond the scope of this list, and probably
un-doable and unrealistic anyway.

I don't understand the technology used by the spammers (their tools are not
Open Source!), how they can use a simple robot to post spam from apparently
different IPs.
I was hoping that there was a way to force all the virused, wormed, trojaned
Windows boxes and unpatched websites used by the spammers to get fixed or
shut down...

Anyway, thanks for replying.

Augustin.

Context:
http://www.wechange.org/informal_proposal_for_cooperation_to_fight_spam_at_the_source_of_the_problem
http://www.wechange.org/fighting_spam_at_the_source_and_the_color_of_the_bikeshed

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.