[development] Logging of IRC Channels?

Michelle Cox mcox at charter.net
Mon Oct 9 13:17:43 UTC 2006

On 10/9/2006 7:42:18 AM, Dries Buytaert (dries.buytaert at gmail.com) wrote:
> You'll want to pro-actively ban me from the channels then, because
> I'll
> publish whatever discussion I think is worth publishing online.

Well, I can't speak for chx, but I wouldn't mind it if it was you or another
known entitiy. The problem I had with it is that there was some unknown
person automatically putting things up there without regards to content. No
one knew who it was or whether he'd be willing to remove things if asked.
Someone we know selectively putting things on the web isn't a problem for
me, at least. I would hope you and the other regulars wouldn't put up
something that could be harmful to that person or would be willing to, say,
take out a link that the person didn't want out.

FWIW, I never meant for people to get banned when I started this mess. I was
just uncomfortable having my conversations up there and pointed it out to
chx, whom I knew disliked that sort of thing as well, to find out if
anything should be done about it. Then all Hell broke loose. LOL

Michelle