[development] Logging of IRC Channels?

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 14:51:05 UTC 2006

> I don't know about that. Seems like there were a lot of people
> jumping on this. I didn't realize I was going to stir up such a
> hornet's nest that even pulled Dries in!

No worries, Michelle.  No one is putting a blame on you.  This is not
about what you did, but everything about figuring out a policy that
works for us.  It's a good discussion to have so thanks for
triggering it.  ;-)

I think the best thing to do is to look at #drupal as a public
channel (common sense) and to keep that in mind.  If you want to
share the URL of your private website without it getting logged, send
the URL in private.  Like Konstantin said, you can't expect people
not to record your phone call to a public broadcast station.
Similarly, you shouldn't e-mail your phone number to a public mailing
list, if you don't want more than one specific person to have your
phone number (and call you).