[development] CCK field generation confusion (and how to solve)

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 15:08:03 UTC 2006

On 10 Oct 2006, at 16:52, Bèr Kessels wrote:

> There are a lot of users, but very few developers for CCK. The main
> reason,
> IMO is the very steep learning curve of CCK development. (see above)
> But I think that enough people are willing to contribute if CCK
> were a little
> more accessible.
> If we can agree on the abovementioned ideas, or provide better
> ones, then I
> hope we can get this started with some patches and issues right away.

I agree.  I hope we can simplify the CCK -- or at least make it more
accessible -- when we move the remaining bits to core.  It took many
iterations to get the current CCK stuff in core as simple as possible
but I'm determined to do the same with what is left.

I said it before and I'll say it again: hackability matters a lot.
Complexity is a disease.