[development] Drupal 5.x Installation is Bad!

Michelle Cox mcox at charter.net
Wed Oct 11 13:08:50 UTC 2006

On 10/11/2006 2:28:52 AM, Drupal Indonesia (support at drupal-id.com) wrote:
> Now, how can Drupal 4.7.3 create tabel for me if the db username has no
> rights to create table?
> Isn't that a security risk?
> Or just remove the db username (with create DB rights) after fresh
> installation. Simply.

Creating tables and creating databases are two totally different animals. As
said in other responses, creating a database takes a higher class of user.
On my host, creating a DB must be done through their version of cPanel so
Drupal couldn't do it anyway. Plus, you don't always want Drupal to use a
new database. Many people use a DB that's shared with other apps.

I think the installer in 5.x is a great improvement as it creates the
_tables_ for you. That's a much harder task than making a database,
especially if you use prefixes. Not creating the DB doesn't make it bad at
all.

Michelle