[development] install should optionally create the database

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Thu Oct 12 21:08:10 UTC 2006

Just a friendly little reminder that CivicSpace has been shipping
Drupal with an installer since late 2004, almost twenty months now.
If you are serious about these issues there are hundreds of hours of
engineering, prototyping, re-engineering, and actual user testing
from the tens of thousands of downloads, in every cheap hosting and
custom environment you can imagine.

I don't necessarily remember all the decisions that were made based
on user feedback and testing but there are pretty good logs and code
available in the SVN for those who care to re-visit.  Of course,
there's also reasons why we stopped working on that code and built
the installer for Drupal 5.0 ;-)

http://svn.civicspacelabs.org/viewcvs.cgi/csl/trunk/install.php?view=log

So read the 80-100 commit messages and you'll find that you'll save
yourself a lot of time in suggesting improvements.

Cheers,
Kieran
CivicSpace