[development] Usability: module idea

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 11:22:01 UTC 2006

The Drupal APC usability report (http://drupal.org/node/83806) has
several suggestions for improving error messages, help texts, etc.
For example, on page 13 ('detect errors automatically') they
recommend: consider providing a link to help besides error message or
provide an option for more verbose error reporting.

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a small module that extends
help text and error messages with a rating widget?

   "Was this error message useful? [*****]"

The response should get send to Drupal.org and then we can prioritize
problematic messages.  We could ship this module with the Drupal 5.0
betas but leave it out once the final release ships.  Seems like a
fun little module that could make a huge difference.  Ideal for
people who want to learn jQuery and AJAX.