[development] module upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7?

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Wed Oct 18 16:52:29 UTC 2006

On 10/18/06, Chad Phillips <chad at chadphillips.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to drupal.  I need to upgrade a module from 4.6 to 4.7.  It
> looks like a number of API changes where made.  Is there a document that
> list the functions that were removed and what their replacements are?
>
> I looked at the document titled 'Converting 4.6.x modules to 4.7.x'
> http://drupal.org/node/22218, but it doesn't seem to have a complete
> list of removed functions.
>
> Some of the functions this module used in 4.6 are:
> form_item, form_button, form_submit,form_weight, etc..
>
> All of these are listed in the 4.6 API documentation, but not in the 4.7
> documentation.  Is there a way to find out if they were replaced or just
> dropped?

All of these are form functions, and were dropped in favor of the new
Forms API. There is one link in the node you referred to that has links
to Forms stuff.

Also look for the forms updater module which can help you converting
all form_*() function from 4.6 to 4.7.

Module here http://drupal.org/node/37457

Online version http://www.lullabot.com/formupdater