[development] Update on 5.0 core themes

Farsheed tfarsheed at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 18:44:26 UTC 2006

Hello,

Drupal 5.0 beta is most likely going to be released
sometime next week.  We have one last chance to push
through to try and get one (only one) new theme in
there (default or otherwise).  It will have to be RTBC
by Monday at the latest.

ZEN THEME

The Delicious Zen theme has been moved to a project
called Zen in an attempt to help push it through to
the end. There are only a couple of minor issues left
for this theme before it is RTBC, so please help test
and fix!

current work: http://drupal.org/project/issues/zen
project: http://drupal.org/project/zen

demos:
http://www.drupalart.org/drupal48
http://drupaltheme.lullabot.com/

previous work: http://drupal.org/node/81217
THEMETASTIC

Themetastic is making some big moves as it proves to
be a favorite among core members Steven and Adrian.
They are helping Stefan bring it to 5.0.

current work: http://drupal.org/node/88202
demo: http://istyledthis.nl/
BLUEBREEZE

Bluebreeze is based on the zen framework, but borrows
some ideas from themetastic.

current work: http://drupal.org/node/89497
demo: http://www.xcite-online.de/drupal

admin screenshot:
http://xcite-online.de/tmpfile/bluebreeze-02.png

There is very little time left to get one of these
ready for core.  Zen has been under development the
longest, so in my biased opinion is very close.  But
regardless, please help wherever you feel so inclined.

-Farsheed (zirafa)

p.s.
Steven's post about themes:
http://acko.net/blog/a-new-default-theme-for-drupal