[development] Update on 5.0 core themes

Trae McCombs traemccombs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 00:04:07 UTC 2006

+1 Zen theme
-1 including all of them in core.

Zen isn't where I would want it to be, but I'm OK with that.  It is a great
theme system to build from, and that makes it worth its weight.

Things I have issue with are mostly minor spacing adjustments that, unless
you have a trained eye, you won't notice them.  (95% of the people out
there.)  I really dislike the default font, I'd say go with Sans and then
default to something else, but again, this is not a show-stopper.  I'm
saddened that a lot of the work I put into the theme won't be used, but I do
see some hints here and there and a few of my ideas at least given a nod.
Everyone has different tastes, and I respect that.

Kudos to everyone who has worked on Zen, the istyledthis.nl theme and the
others.  It's great to see such diversity and work.

I for one, welcome my new Drupal 5.0 overlord.

Trae

--
    Trae McCombs || http://occy.net/
  Founder - Themes.org // Linux.com