[development] Drupal Modules and Linux Distros

Sammy Spets sammys-drupal at synerger.com
Wed Oct 25 12:28:07 UTC 2006

Hi all,

On 25-Oct-06 13:32, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> Debian has apparently a policy to never add new features to a stable
> Debian release, only bug fixes. But since Debian's release cycle is much
> longer than Drupal's this leads to problems. Drupal's stable release is
> 4.7 and 4.5 was released about two years ago.

Debian's policy works great for system level stuff, but in the world of Drupal (and other fast-paced
systems), it's not exactly ideal. This is exactly why backports.org
exists.

Packaging Drupal up will give end-users the ability to try out Drupal
with ease. Heaven forbid, that they don't like it and have to
uninstall it. Bring on some intelligent packaging!

--
Sammy Spets
Synerger Pty Ltd