[development] Default core theme

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Oct 25 14:50:58 UTC 2006

Op woensdag 25 oktober 2006 14:22, schreef Farsheed:
> So I STRONGLY am for a non-default core theme that:
>
> 1) has basic elements shaded or outlined
> 2) is very well documented
> 3) is compatible across browsers
> 4) causes the least headaches for new designers

The only theme that meets that, IMO is box_grey. But I doubt that that one
will be considered core worthy by the Great Designer Eyeballs.

In the mean time, I am still working on whatsinitsname, a base theme, but that
is very-non-core. :)

   http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/themes/whatsinitsname/

I have built three sites with that now, and must say that its basis stands
very well trough the three theme-designs. I'd encourage all people in need of
a solid, consistent, CSS based, framework, to have a look at it, and send me
feedback. Maybe it'll grow popular enough to become core-worthy one day.
grin.
Once I feel the XHTML, classes and IDs are consistent and solid enough, I will
release it, but to get there, I need testers. The proof of the pudding is in
the eating, after all.

In the mean time, I'd say not to bother too much about developer-worthy core
themes ;). No serious developer and designer will or sould consider using
them , IMNSHU. Would you really offer your client a site that looks/feels
exactly like >9000 other sites on the web?

Bèr
--
| Bèr Kessels | webschuur.com | Drupal, Joomla and Ruby on Rails web
development |
| Jabber & Google Talk: ber at jabber.webschuur.com |
| http://bler.webschuur.com | http://www.webschuur.com |