[development] Drupal Modules and Linux Distros

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Oct 25 15:55:06 UTC 2006

Op woensdag 25 oktober 2006 14:57, schreef Konstantin Käfer:
> > I am saying this, because the flamewar against packageers should
> > stop here and
> > now. We, Drupal, should help packagers.
>
> I really didn't mean to start a flamewar against packageers (I am
> using a packaging system (Fink) for software as well) and I value
> their work.

No, I know, I wasn't referring to this particular thread but to the one
against fantastico on Drupal.org, digg et al.
http://drupal.org/forum/fantastico-de-luxe

I am of the opinion that we, Drupal are just as much to blame for that
fantastico disaster as fantastico. By offering a good, standardised
deployment strategy and framework this would not have happened.

There is no standard yet, but I have a feeling that capistrano might grow big
enough to become such a deployment standard. At least, I am not aware of any
OSS standard that can be used for standard software (CMS) deployment. If you
nkow any, please let me know :)

For those interested in a good deployment system, please chime in at
http://groups.drupal.org/node/1461 and see if you can be of help by making a
capistrano recipe.

Bèr
--
[ End-user Drupal services and hosting | Sympal.nl ]

Commentaren en feedback op inhoud:
 http://help.sympal.nl/commentaren_en_feedback_op_inhoud