[development] Documenting contribs

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Wed Oct 25 18:13:11 UTC 2006

Michelle Cox wrote:
> I recently looked through the entire list of contrib modules and there's
> some cleanup needed.
>
> * Shorter teasers so the download page isn't so huge
> * Some modules still need tagging
> * Modules that are similar could use "See also's"
> * Also, there are a lot of modules that aren't documented in the handbook

i think it is within the spirit for site maintainers to improve project
descriptions as they see fit, and without prior approval from module
maintainers. an after the fact email like: 'i fixed your stink' is
sufficient. maintainer could always edit again if needed.

As an aside (i.e. lets not sidetrack this thread), one of the original
visions of the new .info files is that their names and descriptions will be
used by drupal.org project module. Thats one of the reasons we chose plain
text .ini instead of PHP. I like reuse of .info files because it centralizes
project metadata. We probably need some more metadata fields.