[development] Documenting contribs

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Wed Oct 25 18:30:31 UTC 2006

On Oct 25, 2006, at 10:26 AM, Michelle Cox wrote:

> I recently looked through the entire list of contrib modules and
> there's some cleanup needed.
>
> * Shorter teasers so the download page isn't so huge
> * Some modules still need tagging
> * Modules that are similar could use "See also's"

while we're at it, can we fix another annoying problem: use of <h2>
tags in project teasers makes the download pages really confusing.
for example, check out:

http://drupal.org/project/opensearchclient

looks reasonable, since the "OpenSearch Client" part is visually
distinct from all the headers.

now, go to: http://drupal.org/project/Modules and search for
"OpenSearch Client".

it's *really* confusing, since all those <h2> headings are the same
as the module names.

a) seems like we don't need that much info in the project teaser,
anyway, and you shouldn't need any <h*> tags to organize your teaser

b) i could change theme_project_summary() to do something other than
an <h2> for the project titles in these summary pages.  however, by
convention, it seems like we use an <h2> as the title when displaying
a list of nodes.

thoughts?
-derek (dww)