[development] Counting .info files [Was: Documenting contribs]

inkfree press inkfree at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 01:34:18 UTC 2006

"Earl Miles" wrote:

> inkfree press wrote:
>>
>> I have a folder full of 4.7.x downloaded modules, and that's what I
>> searched. I have no idea what's in CVS.  I'm talking about what users get if
>> they download a module: only 3 have such a file.
>
> That would be because the .info files are for Drupal 5, not for 4.7.

That has been made clear.

These two issues (.info files and updating module "teasers" [*] and/or
descriptions) have gotten a bit crossed.

I have contributed to that crossing, but let me try to untangle (myself, at
least.)

Michelle has asked and is waiting for a follow-up regarding the ".info" file
system and the full implication of that for 5 and onward.

We are, and have been, talking primarily about 4.7.x contrib modules and the
cleaning of those (there are 496 when filtered for 4.7.x, as of this date.)

I mistakenly connected the idea of ".info" to the current 4.7.x module list,
and swung the conversation slightly away from meaningful.

The real issue for discussion is the clean-up of the current module
descriptions and what method to use to do that so we are forward-looking as
well as currently useful (4.7.x will be in use for quite some time.)

--
inkfree