[development] More than one thread per list - Ignore the other I posted with this title. I goofed.

Michelle Cox mcox at charter.net
Wed Oct 25 21:03:14 UTC 2006

I sent a quick correction after I realized I missed a paste in my last post
but, for some reason, that didn't make it to the list. So I'm re-posting
with what I _meant_ to post in the first place.

Note: I changed the topic so I don't derail the distro thread with this

Moshe said:
As an aside (i.e. lets not sidetrack this thread), one of the original
visions of the new .info files is that their names and descriptions will be
used by drupal.org project module. Thats one of the reasons we chose plain
text .ini instead of PHP. I like reuse of .info files because it centralizes
project metadata. We probably need some more metadata fields.

Michelle said (to Moshe):
 > This isn't a sidetrack; it's an important point. If the current
project descriptions will be overwritten by the .info files, then
there's no
 > point spending time now cleaning up the text itself. There's still
tagging needing to be done, but I don't want to be changing the ?

Jonathan said:
>It's a good point, but it really is sidetracked from the original  request.
>Also, you're directly ignoring Dries' polite request not to  add noise to
>the discussion (I'm not singling you out personally).   This point should
>be a separate thread.

Excuse me? I did no such thing. This email you are quoting is from my
"Documenting contribs" thread and has nothing to do with the linux distros.
I certainly hope you're not suggesting the dev list be confined to one
discussion thread at a time. I seriously doubt that's what Dries had in mind
with his request.

Michelle